ATTENTION: SERVICE WORKERS & RESTAURANT & HOSPITALITY WORKERS
You are working hard so that WE can make the most of Mardi Gras.
Make sure you are getting paid everything you earn.
HAVE YOU HAD WORK or WAGE ISSUES?
- HAVE YOU BEEN PAID ALL WAGES EARNED, INCLUDING ANY TIPS?
- DID YOU GET PAID OVERTIME WHEN YOU WORKED OVER 40 HOURS/WEEK?
- WERE YOU CHARGED SERVICE CHARGES, UNIFORM, OR BREAKAGE FEES?
- HAVE YOU BEEN REQUIRED TO DO BOTH TIPPED AND NON-TIPPED WORK?
- HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED SEXUAL HARASSMENT ON THE JOB, OR BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST BECAUSE OF YOUR RACE OR GENDER?
PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR WAGES:
- KNOW YOUR EMPLOYER & TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- KEEP TRACK OF ALL HOURS WORKED
- DOWNLOAD A FREE TIMESHEET APP @ DOL-TIMESHEET (iTunes)
QUESTIONS? NEED HELP? CONTACT THE WAGE CLAIM CLINIC HOTLINE (504) 861-5571
NEW ORLEANS HOSPITALITY WORKER COMMITTEE (504) 657-3171
RESTAURANT OPPORTUNITIES CENTER (504) 529-5654
Here is how repeal of the ACA (Obamacare) will affect Louisiana residents.
The facts: repeal of the ACA would result in a 154% increase in residents without health insurance — 558,000 in La. would lose health insurance.
It would also result in the loss of over 28,000 jobs in the state — 14 of every 1,000 jobs would be lost.
ACA appeal would cost the state of Louisiana $2.2 BILLION in healthcare dollars.
The ACA = Obamacare.
Today (1/31) is the last day to sign up.
News from the Economic Policy Institute shows how many workers are receiving a raise with the new year.
On January 1, 19 states increased their minimum wage, lifting the pay of over 4.3 million workers. This is the largest number of states ever to increase their minimum wages without an increase in the federal minimum wage. In seven of these states (Alaska, Florida, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, Ohio, and South Dakota), the increases …