With generous support from Mrs. Gayle Benson and the McIlhenny Company, maker of Tabasco® brand pepper sauce, the Greater New Orleans Foundation is launching the Service and Hospitality Family Assistance Program in partnership with the Louisiana Restaurant Association. This program will provide grants of up to $1,000 for service and hospitality workers whose families are experiencing financial crisis in the Greater New Orleans region. By working together, we will help each other survive until we can once again thrive. See the link below for more information about this program and how to apply. https://www.gnof.org/service-and-hospitality-employee-family-program/
How to Apply
Who is eligible?
- Service and hospitality workers with children and/or qualified dependents
- Worked more than 32 hours per week in restaurants, bars, or hotels in the Greater New Orleans Foundation’s 13-parish region prior to March 9, 2020
- Household income was at or below 80 percent of the parish’s area median income (AMI), which is $53,900 for family of four in Orleans Parish
GNOF’s 13-parish region includes Assumption, Jefferson, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, and Washington parishes.
Documentation you must submit with your application:
To complete the application, you will need to submit:
- Electronic copy of your driver’s license or other government-issued ID
- Pay stubs for most recent 30 days
- Copy of your most recent 2018 or 2019 federal tax form
Applicants who have previously received funding are ineligible.
We will accept the first 2000 applications we receive and then review them by lottery order. Applications will be reviewed within ten days and awards will be transmitted within 14 days. Due to limited funds, we will not be able to provide awards to all eligible applicants; however, we are working to raise additional funds to serve more families.
As more donations are made to the program, grants will be made to eligible applicants who have submitted fully completed applications.
Have a question? Please email email@example.com.