EQUAL JUSTICE: The WJP fights to ensure that all workers can enforce their basic rights in the workplace.
All workers, regardless of immigration status, have the ability to enforce their basic employment rights at work.
Most workers have the following protections in the workplace:
- The right to receive minimum wage;
- The right to receive overtime pay after 40 hours of work in the workweek;
- The right to be paid what you were promised;
- The right to work free from illegal discrimination;
- The right to advocate for improvements to your wages and working conditions;
- The right to a safe workplace;
- The right to access the justice system to enforce your rights.
For legal assistance or questions about your rights at work, contact us.
Notice: This is general information and is not legal advice.